Abt Associates and many of our employees have been honored for leadership and innovation in the way we carry out our work.
As a company, Abt Associates is—
- A Devex Top 40 Innovator, in recognition of our work in meeting the global challenges of underdevelopment and poverty, selected in a poll of thousands of global aid and international development professionals
- A Honomichl U.S. Top 50 and Global Top 25 U.S. Market Research Firm, considered the industry’s definitive scorecard
In 2013, Abt Associates was named a winner of the Bethesda Magazine Green Award
, which honors businesses that promote and practice a green lifestyle. The award recognized the company’s commitment to incorporate environmental sustainability into its operations.
Recent honors for our employees—
Vice President and Senior Fellow Deborah Klein Walker in 2012 won the American Public Health Association’s prestigious Martha May Eliot Award, which recognizes extraordinary leadership, advocacy, teaching and research in maternal and child health.
- Mike Battaglia and Martin Frankel, Ph.D., were part of the team that received the 2011 Warren J. Mitofsky Innovators Award from the American Association of Public Opinion Research for developing a survey method known as address-based sampling to reach the millions of households that only have cell phones.
- Courtney Kennedy, senior methodologist in Abt SRBI, won the 2011 Seymour Sandman Student Paper award, a top honor from the American Association for Public Opinion Research. Her research design involving landline and cell phone surveys was described as “virtually perfect.”
- In 2010, the inaugural Clark Abt Prize for Achieving Outstanding Social Impact was awarded to the USAID-funded Health System Reform in Central Asia Project (known as Zdrav, which means health in Russian). The project was the longest and largest in the company’s history, working in five Central Asian countries to improve health outcomes for some 70 million people. Sheila O’Dougherty directed Zdrav throughout its 15 years, and is now responsible for a follow-on effort.